now, i knew that making this blog public would cause a few issues, but i never dreamed of this! i really don't have an issue if she was also inspired by the beautiful words of anne campbell stark, or even if she was inspired by my words. but to find my words replicated exactly was quite shocking. i sent her what i hope was a nice comment pointing it out and am optimistic that she will credit me or remove the content.
so, what are these words?
my blog: "i have been waiting for the right time to start my own blog. i think i found it. this week i heard about a young mother who will not be available to her young children for some time. this woman has provided such a rich and valuable story of her family's life that i have felt inspired to begin my own. now i will commemorate, keep, mark, observe, remember, and otherwise celebrate my life." (august 29, 08)
http://myblueitalianlake.blogspot.com/2008/08/beginning_29.html
her blog: "I have been waiting for the right time to start my own blog. I think I found it....
I feel inspired to begin writing a rich and valuable story of my family's life and my experiences while I am still here to do it. So that someday when I'm gone, there will be a record of how happy my husband and daughters have made me, and how full and rich my life was. Starting today I will commemorate, keep, mark, observe, remember, and otherwise celebrate my wonderful life..." (sept 27, 08)clearly, not a coincidence! that little 'trolling the dictionary for synonyms' stunt is totally me. as i think about this, i feel a bit impressed that she liked my words enough to exactly copy them. i used to imagine myself a writer in high school but that was long ago, and i haven't been able to recapture my inner excitement since i got a little busy...with 5 kids. i must still have some kind of talent here!
the funny thing is, this reminded me of an incident in high school. my english teacher approached me after school (or maybe i had come to him with a question) and accused me of plagiarizing, in the nicest way. he asked my friend, 'she really doesn't write this well, does she?' of course my friend defended me, but i still recall the shock i felt at being so misunderstood. and then later, when i could laugh about it, i decided it was a backhanded compliment. better to take it that way and be proud.
a little corner of my home that makes me happy